Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
How has summer come and gone so quickly? I have always enjoyed the changing of the seasons and will say that I am ready for some cooler weather, comfy sweaters, and fall decorations. In Southern Indiana, the leaves put on quite a show when changing colors; it is so beautiful!
Below is a roundup of some of my favorite things for August!
Be sure to head over to this post and share with me what you have enjoyed this month. I am always interested in learning about new things!
1. Felt Tip Pens – As parents, specifically moms, we carry quite the mental load for our families. Doctor appointments, haircuts, after school activities – you name it and we are probably keeping track of it. It can be exhausting. I have always been a paper calendar kind of gal. Instead of using a black or blue pen, I try to make the task of keeping everyone’s calendar and to-do list a little bit more fun by using Paper Mate Flair Felt Tip Pens. They write so easily and make keeping everyone on task a little bit more exciting.
2. Mindhunter: Season Two – I am always on the lookout for a good show to binge watch! Two years ago, I stumbled upon Mindhunter while on vacation. (The new season just came out two weeks ago and it was even better than the first.) The series covers how the FBI established the behavioral science unit and began profiling serial killers. You may recognize Holden Ford’s voice from one of your children’s favorite movies - Frozen.
3. Where the Crawdads Sing – I set a goal for myself this year to read at least one book a month. It’s a good way for my mind to decompress at the end of the day as opposed to watching TV. Though this book came highly recommended to me by several people, I just couldn’t get into a groove with it when I attempted to read it earlier this year. Thankfully I picked it back up, because it turned out to be AMAZING. It is a love story wrapped in a mystery. I highly recommend it!
4. Taylor Swift’s New CD – Historically, I have not been a Swifty. I enjoy her music on the radio and think she is super talented, but our relationship has never really gone beyond that. However, this new album has been playing on repeat since it launched last week. My favorites are “I Forgot That You Existed” and “You Need to Calm Down”.
5. Sleep 😴– Y’all know I am always into sleep – your kiddo’s, my kiddo’s, your sleep and my sleep! I was recently asked by a mom on Instagram on how to make it easier to fall back to sleep after a middle of the night feed. If, in the middle of the night, you find yourself on social media – whether it be for night feeds or middle of the night wakings – STOP! The blue light on your phone suppress the levels of melatonin in your brain, which is the hormone that allows us to go to sleep!